KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Finance
- Our client is part of a leading global brand, committed to providing innovative digital solutions. In line with its strategic intent to be at the forefront of technology excellence, the organization has embarked on a plan to provide affordable, reliable and easily accessible financial solutions aimed at increasing access to financial services particularly in unserved and underserved areas.
- The client is desirous of filling a key role with best-in class talent for the position of a Head Finance. The candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, technical expertise and team coordination in the areas of fiscal management and control, budget analysis, financial reporting and performance etc.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the activities of the Finance function.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ensure effective utilization of the financial resources of the organization, including prudent capital allocation and investment, and achieving cost efficiency in line with the business objectives.
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of corporate projects/ initiatives, and advise CEO accordingly.
- Provide broad guidelines for the articulation and documentation of operational policies, procedures and strategies.
- Provide the CEO and board with timely, complete and accurate financial information for Management/strategic business decision-making processes.
- Oversee tax planning to optimize the organizations tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
- Assume overall responsibility for tracking performance against defined targets.
- Ensure compliance with policies, relevant legislation and other best accounting practices.
- Good understanding of micro and macro-economic indices and their impact on the business.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of Finance best practices, International as well as Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standard.
- Good understanding of local and foreign financial regulations.
- Strong business acumen and tact, and an ability to relate with highest levels of Management at financial institutions.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAN, and CPA; preferably at the fellowship level, or other relevant higher business degree is required.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience, in financial services/ telecoms/ retail, of which 5 years must have been at a senior management level.
- Prior experience working in a senior finance role in an international bank / financial institution with exposure to a Group structure will be an added advantage.
- Proven analytical and qualitative accounting/finance competencies.
We appreciate you for reading On baze360, but we think it will be better you like our facebook fanpage and also follow us on twitter below.